The Governing Body (The Corporation)
The College and the Governing Body operate in accordance with the Instrument and Articles of Government.
The Corporation shall be responsible for the following functions:
- the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and for the oversight of its activities;
- publishing arrangements for obtaining the views of staff and students on the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and the oversight of its activities;
- approving the quality strategy of the institution;
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and safeguarding their assets;
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Clerk, including, where the Clerk is, or is to be appointed as, a member of staff, the Clerk’s appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of pay in the capacity of a member of staff; and
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
The Corporation is responsible for obtaining the views of staff and students on the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and for the oversight of its activities. The views of staff and students are obtained through the staff and student members of the Corporation and also through wider consultation processes.
Corporation members who wish to attend Committee meetings of which they are not a member are entitled to do so as observers, subject to the rules stated in the Corporation’s Instrument and Articles of Government, but should only participate in discussion if invited by the Committee Chair to do so. Non-Corporation members who are involved as members of staff or consultants in the preparation of papers may be invited to attend a Committee meeting for the purpose of presenting their paper. For reasons of commercial sensitivity and to ensure the security of personal information relating to individuals, it would not be usual for members of the public to be allowed to attend Committee meetings. Members of the public may request to attend, or be invited to attend, Corporation or Committee meetings, but any request or invitation will be at the discretion of the Chair and should be made via the Clerk to the Corporation. Such persons may only speak if invited to do so, or with the prior agreement of the Chair of the Corporation or the appropriate Committee Chair.
Minutes of Meetings
Minutes of Meetings that have been approved as a true record, except those deemed to be confidential by the Corporation, can be viewed below.
The agenda, draft minutes and any other reports or documents considered at Board Meetings are available for inspection at Reception, during normal College hours.
Curriculum & Standards – January 2022
Curriculum & Standards – May 2022
Curriculum & Standards – September 2022
Finance & Resources – February 2022
Finance & Resources – May 2022 (Special)
Finance & Resources – June 2022
Finance & Resources – November 2022
Search & Review – January 2022
Search & Review – September 2022