To support your studies, we continue to invest in resources so that your learning environment gives you everything you need. Facilities include:
- A very large and recently refurbished Library with eighty-eight computer workstations, areas for individual and group study, more than 10,000 books in stock and a good range of high quality online resources provided.
- An extensive Atrium Study and ILT area on the ground floor housing forty-eight computer workstations.
- Open access study facilities and computers on a spacious mezzanine floor.
- Well-equipped studios, classrooms and laboratories which are open to you out of lesson time.
- A large number of printers and photocopiers available throughout the College.
- The QE Shop near the Library, selling most stationery requirements at very competitive prices. It is open at break and lunchtimes.
Information and Learning Technology
The College is proud of the ILT resources that are available for both students and staff. Every classroom has a digital projector, computer and access to the Internet, the College’s network and its Virtual Learning Environment. The College’s Virtual Learning Environment enables staff and students to access learning materials and resources from any computer connected to the Internet, at College or at home.
Helpful and well-qualified ILT staff are available to support both students and staff with their use of equipment and software.
There are many well-equipped ILT rooms, including IT, Media and Art with access to suites of Apple computers. In addition, there are large open access areas for you to use during your study periods when you do not have classes. You can also borrow Chromebooks so that you can study anywhere in the College including in the Common Room. There are also video editing facilities, scanners etc. and a loan system for audio visual equipment such as digital cameras and recorders.
WiFi access to the internet is available throughout the College if you wish to use your own devices.
We are adding to our resources all the time in order to ensure that you have access to the highest quality learning environment possible.