Safeguarding & Safety
QE is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being and safety of students. Laurence Job, the College’s Vice Principal, is the named member of the Senior Management Team with responsibility for safeguarding issues including the Prevent Agenda, which aims to prevent radicalisation and terrorism. Two Principal Tutors, Chris Watson and John Beilby, assist with safeguarding; Joy Colthup, SENCO, leads on Looked After Children and Professor Leni Oglesby OBE is the designated Safeguarding governor.
We aim to:
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of students
- Promote an aspirational culture that supports, stimulates and develops students
- Provide a safe, supportive and civilised learning environment that enables students to fulfil their potential
- Ensure procedures are in place for identifying and reporting cases or suspected cases of abuse
- Raise awareness of safeguarding issues through staff training
- Work with students, parents and staff to promote e-safety
- Ensure that students and staff understand the Prevent Agenda, which aims to prevent radicalisation and terrorism, and which promotes British Values.
- Ensure that students know there are staff in College to support them if they have concerns
- Ensure that we practise safe recruitment when checking the suitability of staff, governors and volunteers to work with students
- Consult with and listen to students so that their views are taken into account