Study Programmes at QE are personalised to provide success for each individual and are linked to your future plans and the next steps in your careers.
QE provides high quality Study Programmes that give students breadth, depth and progression into employment, further study or training, including higher education and apprenticeships. QE’s Study Programmes enable you to:
- progress to a higher level of study than previously attained
- study for well-respected qualifications that have strong links to higher education, apprenticeships, employment or further training
- continue to develop literacy and numeracy skills
- develop employability skills and prepare you for employment with appropriate opportunities to experience the world of work
- benefit from high quality and impartial careers advice and guidance
- have access to stimulating enrichment activities, including sport and volunteering, that enhance personal and social development
- develop character, skills, attitudes and confidence to support your progression and employment
There are over fifty subjects available. You can combine subjects to create a personalised study programme which enables you to be successful and to achieve your aspirations.
We can tailor your programme to suit you and we give lots of advice about subject choices when you decide to apply to the College. Many of our subjects are not available in most schools such as Law, Sociology, Psychology, Geology and Politics.
Study at Advanced Level provides the qualifications required for entry into the professions, higher level apprenticeships and into courses at universities and other institutions of higher education. It is a challenging two year programme and the work is enjoyable.
You will find the Advanced Level system very flexible; it is easy to combine subjects and different styles of learning. There are various subjects to choose from at Advanced Level. Please study the detailed course descriptions on our website to gain a fuller appreciation of the differences between the courses.
The usual entry requirement to QE is at least 5 C (or equivalent) grades at GCSE including Maths or English. Your programme of study will be personalised to reflect your individual needs and GCSE profile. If you have not already achieved a grade C (or equivalent) in GCSE Maths and English, you will be required to re-sit. These are core subjects.