There are many benefits of choosing to study A Levels at QE. As a specialist sixth form college we work exclusively with your age group. This ensures that all of our experience, expertise and resources are used to enable you to be successful on your A level programme.
Why choose QE? We can offer you:
- the choice of over forty different subjects which you can combine to create a study programme of your choice.
- a history of excellent exam results which have enabled students just like you to progress successfully from College. In 2022 our A Level pass rate was 99% with a high grade rate of 61%.
- experienced liaison staff who will guide you through the whole application process and help you choose the right advanced level courses for you.
- 5 hours contact time per subject each week in a classroom with an A Level specialist.
- hard-working and committed teachers who are not only experts in their subjects but have extensive experience of working with students of your age on advanced level courses.
- specialist Progress Tutors and Guidance Directors who will support your progress and achievement.
- an exciting and vibrant student experience where you will be treated as an adult.
- a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities to develop your academic, social and personal skills.
- extensive experience and success in helping you to secure the destination of your choice. Universities, employers and apprenticeship providers rate our students very highly and work in partnership with us to help you to achieve your ambitions.
- College buses that travel into Darlington from across Durham, Teesside and North Yorkshire allowing easy access to the college.
- Financial support packages are available for qualifying students to support their study at college.
As you can see there are many positive reasons why you should choose QE as the next step in achieving your long term goals. Take a look at our video below which includes an introduction from our Principal, Tim Fisher.
To find out more about the amazing opportunities on offer at QE, please check out our YouTube channel.