There are many benefits of choosing to study at QE. As a specialist sixth form College, we work exclusively with your age group and we can ensure that all of our experience, expertise and resources are used to enable you to be successful on your advanced level programme
We can offer you:
- a large number of subjects which you can combine to create a study programme of your choice.
- a history of excellent exam results which have enabled students just like you to progress successfully from College.
- hard-working and committed teachers who are not only experts in their subjects but also experts in working with students of your age on advanced level courses. They will work with you very closely in order for you to achieve the grades which you will be proud of.
- an exciting and vibrant student experience where you will be treated as an adult.
- a range of exciting extra-curricular opportunities to develop your academic, social and personal skills.
- great experience and success in helping you to secure the destination of your choice after your time with us. Universities, employers and apprenticeship providers rate our students very highly as they are aware of our reputation. They want to work very closely with us and we will all help you to achieve your ambitions.
- College buses from a wide geographical area
- Financial support packages.
In March 2016 the College was inspected and Ofsted reported that:
- learners have access to a wide range of courses and their programme of study is closely aligned to their needs and aspirations
- teaching engages and motivates learners effectively
- there is a culture of high expectations which promotes learning and encourages studious attitudes
- learners benefit from developing their independent learning skills in a supportive environment.
- learners behave extremely well and show excellent attitudes to learning
- learners and staff treat one another with respect
- the wide range of enrichment opportunities contributes well to learners’ employability skills and their personal development
- learners develop into confident, mature, and articulate young adults who are well prepared for their next steps
- careers advice and guidance are highly effective in ensuring that learners are well informed about future options
- learner destinations are very positive with a high proportion progressing to higher education and to positive destinations such as apprenticeships or employment
- building modifications and refurbishments have enhanced facilities and created an excellent college environment
- there is a high priority given to ensuring that learners are safe and that safeguarding procedures are central to the work of the College
Ofsted March 2016