There are many benefits of choosing to study A Levels at QE. As a specialist sixth form college we work exclusively with your age group. This ensures that all of our experience, expertise and resources are used to enable you to be successful on your A level programme.
Why choose QE? We can offer you:
- the choice of over forty different subjects which you can combine to create a study programme of your choice.
- a history of excellent exam results which have enabled students just like you to progress successfully from College. In 2019 our A level pass rate was 99.5% with a high grade rate of over 57%.
- experienced liaison staff who will guide you through the whole application process and help you choose the right advanced level courses for you.
- hard-working and committed teachers who are not only experts in their subjects but have extensive experience of working with students of your age on advanced level courses.
- specialist Progress Tutors and Guidance Directors who will support your progress and achievement.
- an exciting and vibrant student experience where you will be treated as an adult.
- a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities to develop your academic, social and personal skills.
- extensive experience and success in helping you to secure the destination of your choice. Universities, employers and apprenticeship providers rate our students very highly and work in partnership with us to help you to achieve your ambitions.
- College buses that travel into Darlington from across Durham, Teesside and North Yorkshire allowing easy access to the college.
- Financial support packages are available for qualifying students to support their study at college.
As you can see there are many positive reasons why you should choose QE as the next step in achieving your long term goals.
In March 2016 Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College was inspected and Ofsted reported that:
- learners have access to a wide range of courses and their programme of study is closely aligned to their needs and aspirations
- teaching engages and motivates learners effectively
- there is a culture of high expectations which promotes learning and encourages studious attitudes
- learners benefit from developing their independent learning skills in a supportive environment.
- learners behave extremely well and show excellent attitudes to learning
- learners and staff treat one another with respect
- the wide range of enrichment opportunities contributes well to learners’ employability skills and their personal development
- learners develop into confident, mature, and articulate young adults who are well prepared for their next steps
- careers advice and guidance are highly effective in ensuring that learners are well informed about future options
- learner destinations are very positive with a high proportion progressing to higher education and to positive destinations such as apprenticeships or employment
- building modifications and refurbishments have enhanced facilities and created an excellent college environment
- there is a high priority given to ensuring that learners are safe and that safeguarding procedures are central to the work of the College
Ofsted March 2016